Summary of the Opportunity
Music Will is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to build on the organization’s success and to lead it into the future. Music Will seeks a CEO who is a mission-focused, business-minded leader with a passion for music, children, and the capacity for community engagement and outreach. The successful candidate is an organization builder who captures opportunities and explores new ways to expand the Music Will brand and programming offerings to serve a broader audience and strengthen Music Will’s position. The ideal candidate will bring a verifiable community building and entrepreneurial spirit to Music Will.
As the CEO of Music Will, you will have the unique opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of teachers, students, and communities. By expanding and innovating music education, you empower this and future generations – fostering creativity, critical thinking and self confidence that will stay with them throughout their lives.
Music Will is removing barriers, creating access, and increasing participation for all students, regardless of their background, to find their voice, be creative and have access to quality music education.
Music Will is known for its innovative approach to music education, embracing modern music and technology to engage teachers and students in meaningful ways. As CEO, you will drive the future of music education, continuously exploring new ways to make learning music enjoyable, relevant, and accessible to all student populations.
As the CEO of Music Will, you will be at the forefront of the music industry, responsible for partnering with the board and senior leadership to provide visionary leadership and strategic direction to drive growth, scalability, and impact. You will lead a talented and diverse set of nonprofit professionals who are passionate and committed to achieve a mission that you are equally as passionate about and deliver exceptional results.
Ideal Candidate Skills:
Passion for the Mission
- The CEO will embrace and have a true passion for the mission of Music Will and a commitment to music education. Driven by the organization mission and using that mission as a north star, this individual will be a thoughtful and engaged leader, cognizant of the history of the organization, its culture, and its impact.
- The CEO will have the character, flexibility, dexterity, and pioneering mindset to lead the organization in times of societal and organizational change.
- Qualified and desired candidates will have at least 10 years of experience in an executive leadership role in a nonprofit, or comparable for-profit organization with an understanding and passion of music education and children.
Inclusive Team Builder
- The CEO will have a mission driven, growth mindset. They will have the ability to attract, develop and retain a high-performing leadership team and lead with integrity and empathy.
- They will have demonstrated experience as a transparent, empathetic, and proactive communicator with staff, peers, and subordinates and be adept at communicating effectively across all levels of leadership while inspiring confidence.
- They are an attentive, collaborative team player, working closely with senior leaders and staff to support the overall mission and to position the organization to achieve the greatest possible impact for continued and future success.
- They will have experience working with a volunteer, nonprofit Board, either having built or having capacity to build and work closely with a Board.
Strategic Thought Leadership
- The CEO will be a strategic, results-oriented, progressive, authentic leader who guides and articulates a vision for Music Will’s future consistent with the strategic plan and evaluates outcomes by making well-informed, data driven decisions.
- This professional will have extensive experience leading an organization (or a large department in a larger organization) through a period of transformation into its future under new leadership and develop a strong network of supporters.
- The CEO will be a confident and articulate communicator with the ability to work fluidly across all levels and be a charismatic, high-energy leader who can talk with all constituents and successfully convey Music Will’s objectives.
- They will be an exceptional presenter with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to convey Music Will’s priorities in a way that builds trust and galvanizes support.
- They will have a demonstrated curiosity through their ability to listen, think, and respond effectively to a variety of inquiries and challenges in delicate situations and in high-level strategic discussions.
- They will approach their role with humility, authenticity, and energy around the mission of music education the Music Will’s mission and people.
- The CEO will have a strong orientation towards fundraising, including bringing in major gifts and grants.
- They will work across the civic and potential donor landscape, solicit support, and see new opportunities beyond the traditional sources.
- They will also articulate a compelling vision for Music Will and explain its strategic initiatives, inspiring confidence in donors and assisting with closing gifts
For more information, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Stanton Chase
Working at Music Will – Our Workplace Values
- We are committed to kids and teachers and passionate about the power of music to impact their lives.
- We are one team, with one mission, and one groove, and together we make good things happen.
- We are creative, entrepreneurial, positive, and playful.
- We are inspirational.
- We are accountable.
- We are respectful.
- We support personal and professional growth.
- We work to lead the field – thoughtfully, strategically and with urgency.
Music Will is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We promote equity, diversity and inclusion in order to create a healthy and safe workspace as we work together to foster success for future generations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.